Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday

Well, I intended on starting the Holocaust unit today. I just didn't feel ready, and I am running to the public library (downtown and Wayne Township branches) this afternoon to get some materials for the students to use on their research. Unfortunately, I just found out that a bunch of my students will be out of class tomorrow for some band rehearsing which means I might have to put it off at least in that class for another day.

We graded yesterday's vocabulary test, so the students know what they got. The scores aren't bad on this one, and there were a lot of 90%+'s which made me happy. Tomorrow will be another 50-point vocab. review test. Remember, that vocabulary chain assignment is due by the end of the week.

We reviewed our sentence combining and took a very short quiz. I also introduced another sentence-combining tool for their writing toolboxes--the appositive. They're tricky at first, but once the students get comfortable with them, they can really help their writing fluency.

Book reports due by Friday! As I'm getting more and more make-up work, I'm seeing those grades go up and up. Hopefully, this last little piece of the grade puzzle will put them where they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment