Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday

Quick reminder: Friday's the big day. Check the last blog entry for the stuff I need from my students this week, including the book report. That book report will be a big chunk of their independent reading grade for this nine weeks.

We did some sentence combination practice today, both together and individually. I think we're ready to move from compound and complex sentences to another sentence combining technique--appositives.

Vocabulary test one (50 word parts) was given today. Some of the students seemed pretty confident about this one. I hope they did well!

A lot of the class time was used for work time. It was a great opportunity to get some things finished up, to work on book reports, or to ask me about missing work. I wish more students would have taken advantage of it.

Big big Holocaust unit starts tomorrow. This will involve a lot of work, including some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment