Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday

As promised, there's not a whole lot going on this week. We're reviewing vocabulary with some little game-type things and continuing to focus on ISTEP.

Reminder: The students have a vocabulary assignment (a word chain!) that is due some time next week. Next week, they will have a 25 word part test Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. If they do their chain before Tuesday, it'll be a good review activity for them. I'd strongly recommend they spend a little bit of time every night with their old word parts.

We went over the Howard Hughes constructed responses, and I gave back two extended responses, one which they wrote last week (I think--the one about "reading") and one that they wrote all the way back in November. I think a lot of the kids saw improvement which is good since that's exactly what we're shooting for.

Speaking of ISTEP, they had their big 55 minute writing today. The group I was with didn't do great on it, and I was heartbroken and irritated. As the day went on and I talked to more and more of my students, I grew a little more optimistic though. From what they tell me, it seems they maybe did pretty well. Either way, I get paid the same.

At least this year. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment