Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday

It hasn't been a good couple of days. I've seen a lot of disrespect from the students and an overall lack of effort that really bugs me. The students took a vocabulary test today after reviewing a little bit all week, and the scores look mostly terrible. I don't think the students are studying at home. The ones who are putting some effort into it are getting A's though. The students also turned in their research work (the note cards, source sheets, topic categories) and a lot of them had almost nothing to turn in. I'm not sure what they've been doing the last few days, but it apparently wasn't researching. Or maybe it just wasn't keeping their research stuff organized.

I've got not much to say. I did pick up their reading logs finally and gave them another one for over spring break. Yes, I'd like them to read a little over break. It doesn't have to be 30 minutes per night, but I do think they can probably find some time to read and keep those young minds fresh.

Tomorrow is our team party day, so I won't write again until after break. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment