Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday 3/19

First off, I did not end up sending anything home with the students That will be tomorrow. Tomorrow is also a library day. Friday: Book report (or other project) is due.

Today's word parts:

phyte = "plant" (neophyte, sporophyte, gametophyte, or my [childish] favorite coprophyte, a plant that grows in poop)
myo = "muscle" (myocardium, myotomy, myoglobin, or amyotonia [flabbiness])
phyll = "leaf" (chlorophyll, phyllopods [crustaceans that have leaf-like appendages], phyllophagous)
milli = "1000th" (millipede, millimeter)
oligo = "small" or "few" (oligarchy, oligodactylia [fewer fingers or toes than normal], oligocarpous [few fruits])

Students spent most of the time reading Night. I gave some examples of good response question answers because what I read and graded over the weekend and last night were not good examples of high school student work, and that's what I expect from my students right now. As scary as it sounds, parents, they are almost there.

Ask you child about what they're reading in Night. I know a lot of the students are getting a lot out of it, and I'm sure they'd love to share it with somebody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment